Monday, May 17, 2010

The First Course

Monday May 17th 2010

I have temporarily left my life as an actor in Los Angeles. Why?.... I'm still asking myself that, but I'm sure I will get the answers over the next few months. As I was driving across the country I missed L.A. every day, more and more. The sun is always shining, the mountains, the oceans, and of course my friends. I was very blessed with work in L.A. whether it was commericals, t.v., stage, or production... I kept busy... and I loved it.
I arrived yesterday to my suburbia Pittsburgh home. My very animated, over-emotional, but loving father was waiting on the porch, excited, for me to drive up. He could not wait to have me home. I wasn't even home five minutes before he wanted to cook me dinner. He was so excited about these roasted garlic mashed potatoes... in a Betty Crocker bag. "They only have 80 Calories" he proclaims. I kindly passed on the potatoes and went for the frozen chicken. While making the chicken in the oven he dropped the cover of the dish and it landed on the glass screen of the oven cracking it. My dad SCREAMED " OH SHIIIITT WHYY WHY WHY WHY IS ALL THIS HAPPENNING" You would have thought the world was going to end. I calmly offered to help him clean up, he turned his back and walked away.. not wanting to talk to me.
An hour later, after he curled up in a ball and cried on the couch while watching t.v., he came back down stairs and asked if I would help him clean it up. When he looked at the oven, only the inside part cracked, not the outside and my chicken turned out fine.
The best part of the evening was when I got to see my nephew. He was quite the bundle of joy. He's about to turn 4 years old. My sister is a great mom, but there is something I must say about my sister, she is a little.....developmentally challenged. My dad dropped her on her head when she was a baby and it caused slight bleeding on the brain.... however you can never mention this topic to him or he will "FREAK OUT", because of this my parents never really considered if my sister had some type of social or educational problem. But, so you understand, I think of her to have high functioning aspergers.
So that is what I'll be living with for the next few months. Tomorrow I go in for my Orientation to be working on a fancy resort where I have to be excessively hospitable to people. Once upon a time that was easy. But living in L.A. it's quite easy to develop an "ego", a sarcastic sense of humor, and a " I don't give a fuck" attitude.

This is what I have Resorted To!

~KMS

1 comment:

  1. F-ing AWESOME Kyle!!! SOOOO funny. Can't wait for the next installment! Keep up the great work! xooxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete