Saturday, May 29, 2010

Order up!

May 29th 2010

I saw my mother for the first time in a year. It was clearly evident that for years she has been taking care others, and neglecting the care of herself. She looked, and I use this word cautiously, "TIRED". I only say this because I see my mom and I want the best for her, not because I wish she had made different decisions. I understand that she has gone through a lot, but now that her mother has died she says things like " I don't know who to take care of now" "who am I suppose to help next?" I know she knows that "herself" is the person she really needs to help. But she has to be the one to make that decision right?
Claire, my sister, went into labor last night. I got to spend time with her husband, who is as red neck, local bread, right winged, as they come. As I was sitting waiting with him, his phone rang the ring tone goes " I AM BARACK OBAMA... BANG BANG.. (bullets hit the floor) " Yes.. as in shooting. Every time the family is together he always ends up having to go "do something" anything from the laundry to picking up a check. My sister was in labor 8 Cm dilated, and he left to run an errand. It's not my business, but really?
My father had sympathy pains while Claire delivered and after the baby was born. He paced holding his stomach, breathing deep, contracting. You would have thought he was having a child as well. I got to go see Claire first. I walked to the nurses station and asked if I could bring the baby to the room with her. She said "sure give me just a minute" She wheeled out a little baby boy and I started tearing up. We walked down the hallway and I was staring at him with joy. We walked into the room only to see someone else in the bed. I said "That's not my sister" The nurse went "Oh.. this is there baby! Sorry!" The baby wasn't even my nephew! I finally get in the room to see Claire and little Jacob. My other nephew, and my dad Bill join moments later. The nurse came in to give Claire a shot, my dad screamed in pain while Claire just sat there. He dramatically expressed how big the needled was.. over and over again. Little Jacob is really cute. I'm happy that he is a healthy baby!
Meanwhile, Mysty Meadows has been kicking my ass! From the 14 hour shifts to the amount of work that goes with it. I'm getting used to the tasks at hand, but I am not used to it being this slow. I came back to put some money in the bank, and pay off my car. I'm not making any money. No seriously.. very little money. I trust that it will pick up soon.
I had a meeting with the manager about "team work." I choose to help every other associate that I work with, because I think that we are a team. I learned that years ago. I think that's the only way a business can operate. She told the whole staff about it and I already see a difference in other people's work ethics. Rather than "complaining" about the laziness I saw in others, I'm going to come from love, and help them. In return, maybe they'll help me? Who knows.. all I know is that I feel good helping them.
Last night, I waited on a lady who was celebrating her 40th birthday. She was there with her husband having an intimate dinner. She was my first serenade song of the season! The lady told me that it was the most personable thing she ever had, asked me to record it and send it to her. Last year I was singing with two of the top ten best theatre directors in L.A. in theatrical performances. This year, in Farmville Pa to paying customers. Well.. here I just may get a bigger tip.

This is what I Resorted To~

KMS

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new nephew! Hopefully he learns love and tolerance from his mama and not his father.

    ReplyDelete